There are activities the elderly must do daily, and there are additional tasks that can be helpful in everyday life as well. Basic Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) include things that people do to get themselves ready from the moment they wake up. These are also called self-care activities that seniors do in a routine. While Instrumental Activities of Daily Living or IADLs are more complex tasks that people also need to accomplish. Elders can do both independently or can be assisted by family members or by caregivers when they are unable to manage.
What are the usual basic ADLs and IADLs a home care provider in California can render? We have listed some examples below.
- Basic ADLs include:
- Personal Hygiene – bathing, toothbrushing.
- Grooming – dressing, combing your hair.
- Toilet Hygiene – toilet visits, cleaning, and getting up.
- Basic movements – standing, sitting, lying on the bed.
- Instrumental ADLs:
- Housekeeping and laundry – cleaning, decluttering, washing clothes.
- )Meal Preparation – shopping, preparing, cooking.
- Medication assistance – preparing and giving medicines.
- Social activities – attending senior club events, exercises, etc.
Live your seniorhood with ease and comfort. Home Caregivers Management, Inc. can help you with your daily routines when you need it the most. When you think you will need a home care service in Ventura, California, give us a call, and we will make the necessary arrangements.