As we get older, our bodies lose the ability to sleep deeply at night. That is why seniors are known as light sleepers. With that, seniors are sensitive when they sleep, waking up to anything that can disturb them. Home Caregivers Management, Inc. helps seniors improve their sleep since it is a vital factor for their overall wellbeing. Our home care service in Ventura, California follows these easy ways to promote a good night’s sleep for seniors:
- Napping short and early in the afternoon. Seniors must only nap for 20 to 30 minutes early in the afternoon, so their naptime will not interrupt their nighttime sleep.
- Eating dinner three hours before bedtime. When seniors lie down to sleep, eating a heavy meal before sleeping can result in discomfort; therefore, giving seniors difficulties sleeping.
- Sleeping and waking up at the same time every day. Our home care provider in California encourages you to regulate your senior loved one’s sleeping hours to prevent disturbed sleep.
- Maintaining a cool, quiet, and dark bedroom. As seniors are sensitive sleepers, their bedrooms must have a relaxing ambiance without distractions to promote good rest and solemn sleep.
- Living a healthy lifestyle. Eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and managing stress can not only improve seniors’ sleep but also their overall health.
Caregivers must also monitor seniors when they are asleep to help with anything they need at night. Thus, 24/7 care can also improve seniors’ sleep as they feel safe to sleep at night with someone there with them.